Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Busy Busy Busy!

Well, I haven't blogged since we left Virginia so here it goes.

Our summer finished out really well. It was a successful summer, but we were ready to get home. Ready to see family, and I was ready to start nursing school.


The drive home from Virginia was BRUTAL, to say the least. We left on a Friday night around 5 and made it to Ohio to stay the night. Lets just say we learned our lesson on cheap motels. NEVER AGAIN. I didn't sleep a wink. Every little sound and movement from Nick left me terrified that there was rats and/or bugs crawling on me. The next morning we got up and started on the road again. We were so sick of driving that that night we decided to keep on going. We didn't want to have to pay for another hotel either, so we arrived home on Sunday morning.


We had about a week of summer before we had to get back to school, and try to find jobs. We did some horseback riding, a rodeo, and catching up with friends and family. Man was it good to come home. I liked Virginia, but I love Utah. I took it for granted. This is just my home and I love it here. Every since school started we have been running around like crazy.


He really is just so good looking sometimes I can't believe how lucky I am:)
We both started school, and our classes are pretty challenging, so we spend a lot of our time at school, at school studying, or at home studying. The nursing program is going great! There is a lot to do, and a lot required, but I am loving it. I love learning about stuff that interests me and that I am actually going to use. I think it was a miracle that I got into the program when I did cause I made a best friend out of it! Hillary and I* have the exact same schedule. She has been great to study with and a great friend. She is very smart and not a procrastinator, so she helps me to stay on track haha. I don't know what I would do by myself! My clinical rotation is down as South Davis Community Hospital and I have already got to give 2 flu shots (this kinda stuff excites me, Nick is used to it by now haha).


Only a fraction of my books...


I also got back on at the hospital, another miracle. Heavenly Father sure is looking out for us and we can definitely see his hand in our new marriage. I am now in Same Day Surgery/PACU. The schedule works out great. I am just a PRN (as needed) aide so I don't have to work too much. I think I am going to learn a lot there, which I am most excited about. The hours are great too. I will rarely have to work weekends, holidays, and the hours aren't so dang early! 6am  just seems so much better than 5am to me. Nick is still getting set up to start selling DISH and DirectTV. So, if you or anyone you know is looking to get one or the other let us know:)....

Random other updates......


  • We had our 6 month anniversary. We are loving marriage. I saw this quote somewhere the other day that went something like this, Love isn't something you fall into. It is something that grows everyday. I loved that quote cause it's so true. I GROW more in love with Nick everyday, and find even more ways to love him. We just keep learning more and more about each other and I love it.

  • We went to Bear Lake/Tony Grove a few weeks ago and it was a great little getaway. We stole Bridger for the week and he was so fun to have around. We have been missing the Poulton's. They need to move back ASAP!



  • Nick busted his head open. The gash was huge. He came home from playing with his cousins all day with a band aid on his forehead. He told me it was just a scratch. Yeah, I believed him until blood started running out of the band aid! I made him go get stitches. He has a pretty massive scar now that we (well, mostly me) are trying to get rid of.

  • Last weekend Nick went to the sand dunes with his cousins and little brother and had a blast. It was the first night we have spent away from each other, so it was a little lonely for me. I am glad he had fun though. He deserves it from working so hard this summer.
  • I am loving fall. The trees are so pretty right now, especially in the valley. We went on a little hike with my family last Sunday and loved it. We also just did apple juice with the Sorensens. Their neighbor has a cider press, and the Sorensens have their own apple trees (what don't they grow). So we did our own apple juice. I am here to testify that there is nothing like fresh apple juice in the fall. I will never go back to store bought.
  • We are now living in a little basement apartment in North Ogden. It is really cute and nice. My mom, grandma, and mother-in-law have helped me decorate so it is coming right along. My grandma is always watching out for decorations for me. I need the help, I never took interior design! haha.

So in short, life is very busy for us right now, but we are still loving it. And each other. I can't believe I just spent all this time blogging! Better get back to Pharmacology....

*Notice the correct grammar. My clinical professor is an English major so I am very careful about my wording these days:)

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! Sounds like you are so busy! I hope the nursing program is going good! I miss ya and having patho together lol good luck with nursing, that is awesome you got back on at the hospital! You and nick are cute! keep updating I am a stay at home mom and its fun when people update lol

    ReplyDelete