Saturday, July 14, 2012

July 4th in New York

Last week my amazing hubby took me to New York for my birthday. He knows that I have been wanting to go there, and he also knows how much I love fireworks, so we went to New York to see them for the forth. We met up with my parents there. It was a lot of fun, and so good to see my parents. I have never been away from my family this long!
The trip started with a metro ride into DC, then a 4 hour bus ride to New York. It turned out to be pretty cheap and worked out well. The bus took us right into Times Square, which is where our hotel was. We met up with my parents and walked around Times Square for a little bit. I have never been in such a big city. It was crazy. Buildings everywhere!




The next morning we got up and had bagels for breakfast, then off to the subway. We rode the subway to the 9/11 memorial. This was one of our favorite parts. It was so neat to see the World Trade Center being rebuilt. It was just proof that America doesn't stay down. We get right back up.






After the memorial we headed off to Chinatown. Chinatown was crazy! I guess in 2007 the police came through and raided the whole place and took all of their fake merchandise. So now they are super sneaky about it. I felt like I was in The Bourne Identity, following different people, down random street and in secret doors all for a purse. The full story is really funny, let me know if you want to hear it!





Bleeker Street Pizza was our next stop. If you haven't heard of it, it is supposed to be the best pizza in New York, and it was delicious.


Our fourth of July night was perfect, well besides the blistering heat. Once the sun went down it was great. We got on a tour boat and toured the city from the water. We saw the Statue of Liberty, the Brooklyn Bridge, and just the city from the water. After the tour we settled in the Hudson to watch the fireworks. Seeing the fireworks against the New York skyline was beautiful. I loved it.








The next day we went to Central Park. I never realized Central Park was so big! We rented bikes and biked around the park. Then we wanted down 5th Ave and saw every fancy dancy store known to man. What would it be like to be able to have a shopping spree down that street! That night my parents went and saw Wicked so Nick and I just toured around Times Square a little and got some delicious New York Cheesecake.
It was a great trip. New York was awesome, however, never somewhere I would want to live. Too many people. Made me miss the good ol' Valley.
All in all my birthday was wonderful! Thanks to my sweet husband. People always say that marriage is like game over, and it kind of has this negative connotation. I don't know where they come up with this stuff because I love being married, it is so fun everyday! It really is the best decision I ever made. I love my life with Nick, I couldn't ask for anything better. So thanks for a good New York birthday trip to my sweetheart and my parents. Love them.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a fun trip! I totally know what you mean. Being with my best friend all day, every day is awesome! Married life is so great!

    ReplyDelete